Previously I asked whether your business was being nettified. Now I’d like to ponder on what does get nettified or is being nettified.
Nettify and nettification
I found no dictionary results and only two other references to the word being used for this meaning.
1. To make web friendly
2. To intertwine/entangle with the web
To become nettified
There is another sort of meaning it seems to the word nettified [found only one reference to that], which is something like homogenized/ net effect.
Often words like digitized, web-enabled, standardization, connectedness and openness are linked with nettification.
OK, now that we’ve sorted that one out… What does get or is being nettified?
1. Business models
- Advertising and its future pleasing variants [one hopes] are becoming a means to fund many kinds of businesses
- Sales, client relationship management, operations, supply chain, financial and legal advice, consulting, development, human resources, marketing, IT services, administration, E2E and B2C and B2B communication and collaboration, product and service creation…..
3. Employee models
- Loosely coupled, tightly coupled models and anything in between
4. Corporate and other communications
- Brand, PR, marketing, shareholder, customer, partner, employee
Many examples exist in every category mentioned here. No one organization has taken nettification to every aspect, as far as I know. For in-house I think the US military might be approaching something along these lines. Companies like Lego, Pfizer and others are doing interesting things in engaging with their audiences.
Interesting times ahead.
One industry (ICTI) has swelled up a strong wind for all other industries. The Internet, a breeze in the early 90s, is hungry for more.
Life is in the nettification‘s embrace with technologies like:
- online/offline (Adobe – Air),
- mobile (like Android and other open promises),
- location brilliant (many emerging businesses and applied businesses),
- workflow/processes and
- beautifully presented experiences
Isn’t it amazing how much of your life now depends on the seemingly geekish activity to augment it, speed it up, slow it down, delight you, nurture you….
This is an avalanche of innovation and change in your life and the business you’re in
In many ways the future is not yet visible and yet it is already there in a myriad of smallish experiments of what is possible when current/new technologies are applied to newly thought through business model elements and customer delight. Simple implementations to extend a net based application to the desktop/mobile device for off-line work using the Adobe Air product is a clear example.
In short if your business has not got some serious thinking going on about its nettification I think you might leaving lots of money on the table in the next few years or worse yet, the whole company. If you can develop and launch services and businesses on the net in a matter of weeks, how do you compete?
How very exciting!
There are no recent tweets.
Site content Copyright © 2007- 2012 - Far Other Worlds - Dominique Jaurola